Hello Internets. How long has it been since I've written seven quick takes? Who knows? Who cares? Here we go!
1. We're back from California and Mexico. I hope to have a recap of our time away soon, but right now we're spending our evenings rushing our children to deep, deep slumbers so we can catch up on our favorite show, Vikings. Have you seen it? It's not for those with weak stomachs. We fell behind this spring, and then they took it off the webz. But it's back on Amazon Prime and Hulu! Yay! Also, Bishop Barron wrote about it a few weeks ago, and that just made me feel more confident in shouting: I LOVE THIS SHOW.
2. One of my favorite podcasts, Fountains of Carrots, is going to be discussing a new novel soon, so I picked it up. And by picked it up I mean, I had it sent to my Kindle. It's The Awakening of Miss Prim, and so far I'm really enjoying it! I just wish my children would be more considerate and give me time to read.
3. This third take is dedicated to our third child, who didn't get mentioned in the first take because #thirdchild. I shared a photo on Instagram and Facebook announcing the expansion of our family and... me. I'm starting to look at all these newborns on my social media feeds with big heart eyes.
Baby is 15 weeks along, and the size of an apple says an email in my inbox. Baby was nice enough to let me mostly enjoy my time with my family, but has since decided to kick up the nausea. Though, to be honest, as far as symptoms go, this has been my easiest pregnancy so far. More on this subject later, I'm sure.
4. I know we just got back from a long, long trip, but we're still not done! We've got a family trip at the very end of Ian's summer break up north, and another smaller trip with one of our favorite families, Los Coynes. You might have read Anna's blog, and I can't remember if she wrote about it (I did here), but last year we went on our first annual trip to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe with our families. We're going again and this time I'll be the preggo. It looks like the weather will be equally as sticky and cloudy as it was last year, but we plan on taking full advantage of the indoor kiddie pool at the hotel.
5. Speaking of Anna, we just had our first meeting to start planning the next Catholic Women Blogging Network conference. It's for the midwest region and we'll be hosting it here in the Twin Cities. It's still in the early stages of planning, but as the details roll out, we'll be sure to let you know. So if you think this is something you're interested in, keep your eyes peeled!
6. My friend Katrina runs a really lovely Etsy shop, Hatch Prints, where she sells these beautiful prints. We have this one (among a few others), which is kinda ironic considering our little news this summer:
She's currently running a bogo sale, so it's the perfect time to stock up on gifts.
7. Ohmygosh seven quick takes are never quick for me. I'm sorry, I have no more.
Linking up with Kelly for this round of SQT